Monday, February 27, 2023

Portraiture Slideshow, Portrait Exercise

 



Helen Levitt

Helen Levitt, New York, c 1942.


Why this photo?

The compositional element that drew me to choose this photo from Helen Levitt out of the list of street photographers provided, would have to be the space and value I see in this photo. This photo is a simple moment in time in the past of two kids having fun with water outside. I would have to say this photo is a mix of comical and nostalgic (thinking fondly of a pastime). How this photo makes me feel as a viewer I will have to say happy like in a daydream kind of feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

W. Eugene Smith

  “ Don’t tell my mother,” said the young man. Still under the effects of ether, he didn’t realize she’d been holding his hand during the pr...