Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Men of War



Tom Stoddart
Men of War
2003
01/31/2023


I looked through Gary Winogrand, Joel Sternfeld, Martin Parr, and Tom Stoddart on street photography. As I looked I liked a few of them but only one street photograph stood out to me and that was Tom Stoddart with the compositional element of expression, texture, and how the light helps you feel the depths of his eyes. This photo can be viewed differently by the different viewers and what knowledge they have of the photo and the time it was taken in along with the environment. For myself, it's emotional, historical, and nostalgic. As a viewer this photo makes me feel inspired to make a change to keep the war/fighting at bay. It helps me see the humanity in this world along with the deepness in his eyes you can sense what he has been through and the things he has seen that can't be unseen and his story is worth being told. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

W. Eugene Smith

  “ Don’t tell my mother,” said the young man. Still under the effects of ether, he didn’t realize she’d been holding his hand during the pr...