Monday, March 13, 2023

Replicate portrait in studio


 Dan Winters



Research

I am not sure what to write here but I will try. Dan Winters wasn't my first choice for I wanted to photograph a female and I couldn't find a willing female to be my subject I asked my teacher (Prof. Maloney) if she would she said yes but said only if I couldn't find anyone else and if they fall through on me. Luckily I found a willing subject but I had to change my photographer to imitate. I went back through each photographer listed and finally found one that would look great with my subject. Dan Winters's photograph of this shirtless man with tattoos. It's simple and has a plain background I know the studio has a similar gray sheet to hang up.  The color palette is a little weird I know they edited this with either Lightroom or Photoshop to get that grayish vibe/texture. The high key I think in this photo is the shirtless part along with the shadow and bandana. The low key I would have to say is the tattoos. I will need to have a bandana and luckily I had a black and white one in my backpack. I would like it if my subject would get these tattoos or let me draw them on. I don't have a silver cross so I might have to leave it out. Post-production work on Dan Winters's photograph would have to be the color pallet texture. I will need my model to have a similar skin tone and some amount of muscles, tattoos would be nice but I can photoshop them in, to the best ability.

Before Photoshop




After Photoshop




No comments:

Post a Comment

W. Eugene Smith

  “ Don’t tell my mother,” said the young man. Still under the effects of ether, he didn’t realize she’d been holding his hand during the pr...