Friday, April 28, 2023

Kate Middleton's 40th Birthday

 


Kate Middleton's 40th Birthday

Photographed by Paolo Roversi


How a photograph compares to a painted portrait is that for a painted portrait the subject has to sit still in the same position for however long it takes and then that natural authentic smile will start to drift away into a forced smile. The best photos are taken in that split second of a moment. Every stroke can tell a story and bring forth a unique perspective for a painted portrait, but the saying is " A picture is worth a thousand words" (Napoleon Bonaparte). I think for the medium of photography when the decision to commission a photographer versus a painter, is that it brought forth a spotlight for all photographers and a confidence boost to help them realize that they can be just as good or even better than a painter. The picture above stands out to me to be the most successful because the joy gleaming on Kate's face just brings me back to a time when I was happy I absolutely love the contract the photographer took and the depth of field he used. The longer I look into Kate's eyes I see a sparkle of the soul and the beautiful rawness of a moment in time when she was floating on clouds of feeling happy after you marry someone you love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

W. Eugene Smith

  “ Don’t tell my mother,” said the young man. Still under the effects of ether, he didn’t realize she’d been holding his hand during the pr...